Team: 2019-20 Ottawa Senators
Trades
OTT
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (WPG)
  2. 2020 5th round pick (WPG)
WPG
  1. DeMelo, Dylan
Additional Details:
With Byfuglien's situation unresolved, Jets go for a cheap and solid D who can play up and down the lineup.
OTT
  1. 2020 5th round pick (TOR)
  2. 2021 7th round pick (WPG)
Condition: Ottawa receives the lower of the two 2021 7th round picks Florida owns (FLA or WPG).
FLA
  1. Anderson, Craig ($2,375,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Suitable backup for Bobrovsky instead of Montembeault.
Buyouts
  • Dion Phaneuf: $729,167
  • Alexandre Burrows: $0
Retained Salary Transactions
  • Craig Anderson: $2,375,000 (50%)
DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
OTT
SJS
OTT
CBJ
DAL
WPG
OTT
OTT
TBL
WPG
TOR
SJS
STL
OTT
OTT
OTT
CBJ
SJS
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
WPG
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES BONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$65,222,499$0$3,597,500$16,277,501

Roster

Left WingCenterRight Wing
OTT
Tkachuk, Brady
$925,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
OTT
White, Colin
$4,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 6
OTT
Brown, Connor
$2,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
OTT
Duclair, Anthony
$1,650,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
OTT
Tierney, Chris
$2,937,500
C
RFA - 1
OTT
Batherson, Drake
$736,666
C, RW
RFA - 2
OTT
Balcers, Rūdolfs
$759,167
RW, LW
RFA - 1
OTT
Anisimov, Artem
$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
OTT
Ryan, Bobby
$7,250,000
RW, LW
NMC NTC
UFA - 3
OTT
Ennis, Tyler
$800,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
OTT
Pageau, Jean-Gabriel
$3,100,000
C
UFA - 1
OTT
Davidsson, Jonathan
$768,333
RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
OTT
Chabot, Thomas
$863,333
LD
UFA - 1
OTT
Zaitsev, Nikita
$4,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 5
OTT
Nilsson, Anders
$2,600,000
G
UFA - 2
OTT
Brännström, Erik
$863,333
LD
RFA - 3
OTT
Hainsey, Ron
$3,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
OTT
Högberg, Marcus
$700,000
G
RFA - 2
OTT
Lajoie, Maxime
$710,000
LD
RFA - 2
OTT
Jaros, Christian
$755,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
OTT
Paul, Nicholas
$750,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
OTT
MacArthur, Clarke
$4,650,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 1
OTT
Gáborík, Marián
$4,875,000
RW
UFA - 2
OTT
Borowiecki, Mark
$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
OTT
Callahan, Ryan
$5,800,000
RW
NMC NTC
UFA - 1
OTT
Boedker, Mikkel
$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
OTT
Wolanin, Christian
$900,000
LD
RFA - 2

Special Teams

Power Play 1
White, C.
Tierney, C.
Tkachuk, B.
Batherson, D.
Chabot, T.
Power Play 2
Ryan, B.
Anisimov, A.
Duclair, A.
Zaitsev, N.
Brännström, E.
Penalty Kill 1
White, C.
Brown, C.
Lajoie, M.
Jaros, C.
Penalty Kill 2
Pageau, J.
Davidsson, J.
Hainsey, R.
Zaitsev, N.

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep 20 at 8:45
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Why? The goal is still to put on a respectable lineup. DeMelo and Andersen are still needed to solidify a back end at least till TDL
ThatGuy liked this.
Sep 20 at 9:00
Quoting: palhal
Why? The goal is still to put on a respectable lineup. DeMelo and Andersen are still needed to solidify a back end at least till TDL

Hog can come up as a backup, and Jaros can draw in as an everyday NHL player. Keeping DeMelo would be nice, but with Brannstrom likely to play mostly the Right side in the NHL, there's not always going to be room.
Sep 20 at 9:11
I like those two deals... Demelo is a guy I really like but he's not a long term answer here in Ottawa and I'd really like that pick a lot more than him.

I agree that Andy needs to be shipped on and I'd definitely bring the Hog into town... Let Gus and the other guy play in Belleville
Sep 20 at 9:44
Sports and Tacos
Quoting: palhal

Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Hog can come up as a backup, and Jaros can draw in as an everyday NHL player. Keeping DeMelo would be nice, but with Brannstrom likely to play mostly the Right side in the NHL, there's not always going to be room.

I think you have to let the kids marinate in the minors for a bit. Build chemistry with the other rookies, get meaningful playing time and most importantly play in a winning environment!...

.....until the TDL where Ottawa should open up a garage sale and create room for the players in the minors that deserve it to come up.
Sep 20 at 10:00
Quoting: ThatGuy
I think you have to let the kids marinate in the minors for a bit. Build chemistry with the other rookies, get meaningful playing time and most importantly play in a winning environment!...

.....until the TDL where Ottawa should open up a garage sale and create room for the players in the minors that deserve it to come up.

I agree with you about letting players ripen and develop chemistry, but that doesn't really apply in this scenario.

Jaros is an NHL player. He was last year, he should be this year. Going back to Belleville doesn't help his Development imo.

In a perfect world, Brannstrom probably would have went back to the AHL to start the year, but after Wolanin went down, there's basically no chance Brannstrom doesn't make the team.

Hogberg could probably use a few more months, but the organization clearly thinks he's ready now, otherwise they wouldn't have given him a one way deal year two of his deal. They think he could play this year, but they're expecting him to play next year because there isn't room this year. If you move Andy, now there's room for Hogberg, and there's also room for Daccord in the AHL.
Sep 20 at 10:34
Sports and Tacos
Edited Sep 20 at 11:07
I agree with you about letting players ripen and develop chemistry, but that doesn't really apply in this scenario.

Jaros is an NHL player. He was last year, he should be this year. Going back to Belleville doesn't help his Development imo.

In a perfect world, Brannstrom probably would have went back to the AHL to start the year, but after Wolanin went down, there's basically no chance Brannstrom doesn't make the team.

Hogberg could probably use a few more months, but the organization clearly thinks he's ready now, otherwise they wouldn't have given him a one way deal year two of his deal. They think he could play this year, but they're expecting him to play next year because there isn't room this year. If you move Andy, now there's room for Hogberg, and there's also room for Daccord in the AHL.

Jaros - Agreed

Brannstrom - His A+ skill is 100% there, but he hasn't really shown me that he's ready for the NHL this year. Chabot at his age was sent down to the minors for a final tuning. (Low key think Lajoie is having himself a camp).

And for the goalie. What is more valuable? Playing 30 games in the AHL or playing 60 games in the East Coast? I think it's fine if Daccord starts his career in the Brampton until Andy is traded away or Retires.
Sep 20 at 10:57
Jaros - Agreed

Brannstrom - His A+ skill is 100% there, but he hasn't really shown me that he's ready for the NHL this year. Chabot at his age was sent down to the minors for a final tuning. (Low key think Lajoie is having myself a camp).

And for the goalie. What is more valuable? Playing 30 games in the AHL or playing 60 games in the East Coast? I think it's fine if Daccord starts his career in the Brampton until Andy is traded away or Retires.

I think they want Hainsey to spend as much time with Brannstrom as possible this season, and that's hard to do if he's in Belleville. If Brannstrom is Chabot's partner of the future, there's nobody better to teach him to play his off side than Hainsey. Lajoie was good in Newfoundland. He played a bizarrely physical game that I wasn't expecting from him. I don't think he should play in the NHL, definitely not over Brannstrom.

I'd definitely rather Daccord get backup usage in the AHL than being in the ECHL.

First of all, there's no guarantee that Daccord would even get to be a starter. It's not the same as with Belleville, where the Sens organization directly controls everything. Brampton is it's own organization, they just have a contract with Ottawa. Brampton is a terrible place for goalies to develop. They always have way too many goalies. They'll have their own backup and Starter, then they'll have guys from Ottawa AND Montreal who aren't in the AHL, then a couple of other guys just because.

In Hogberg's first season in North America there were like six goalies in a regular rotation, and none of them played more than 20 games. It's awful because then your prospect is losing games to guys in the MTL system.
Sep 20 at 11:50
... We're a "Team"..
I think they want Hainsey to spend as much time with Brannstrom as possible this season, and that's hard to do if he's in Belleville. If Brannstrom is Chabot's partner of the future, there's nobody better to teach him to play his off side than Hainsey. Lajoie was good in Newfoundland. He played a bizarrely physical game that I wasn't expecting from him. I don't think he should play in the NHL, definitely not over Brannstrom.

I'd definitely rather Daccord get backup usage in the AHL than being in the ECHL.

First of all, there's no guarantee that Daccord would even get to be a starter. It's not the same as with Belleville, where the Sens organization directly controls everything. Brampton is it's own organization, they just have a contract with Ottawa. Brampton is a terrible place for goalies to develop. They always have way too many goalies. They'll have their own backup and Starter, then they'll have guys from Ottawa AND Montreal who aren't in the AHL, then a couple of other guys just because.

In Hogberg's first season in North America there were like six goalies in a regular rotation, and none of them played more than 20 games. It's awful because then your prospect is losing games to guys in the MTL system.

I never knew that about Brampton. That's interesting. That makes sense as to why it becomes a goalie graveyard. I'd imagine if there were injuries to the guys in Belleville that Daccord would get the call to action. I'm also partial to Andy at this point. I'd like to see him retire a Senator but I also want what's best for him. It's either he goes home to Florida for his family or he goes to a competitor for a Stanley Cup. As for Jaros and Brannstrom; I've like what I've seen from Brann, but he could learn to be stronger on the puck. He's a small defenseman so I don't expect him to outright hit guys but he could stand to gain a few more pounds so he's not so easily knocked off the puck.

I also figured that the reason they signed Hainsey was so that he could teach the the LHD guys to play the right side. He's played RHD his entire career as a left shot so it makes sense.
Sep 20 at 12:04
Quoting: Green4D4Again
I never knew that about Brampton. That's interesting. That makes sense as to why it becomes a goalie graveyard. I'd imagine if there were injuries to the guys in Belleville that Daccord would get the call to action. I'm also partial to Andy at this point. I'd like to see him retire a Senator but I also want what's best for him. It's either he goes home to Florida for his family or he goes to a competitor for a Stanley Cup. As for Jaros and Brannstrom; I've like what I've seen from Brann, but he could learn to be stronger on the puck. He's a small defenseman so I don't expect him to outright hit guys but he could stand to gain a few more pounds so he's not so easily knocked off the puck.

I also figured that the reason they signed Hainsey was so that he could teach the the LHD guys to play the right side. He's played RHD his entire career as a left shot so it makes sense.

Even if Andy isn't traded, at 38, you have to wonder if he doesn't end up injured. Goalie is a hard position to play as an older guy. Hogberg coming up solves a lot of problems in net.

When it comes to the size issue with Brannstrom, I think his agility is his biggest asset. He's so crafty on his edges that he's able to allude forecheckers and avoid hits.
Oct 2 at 2:44
Sports and Tacos

S**t! Just saw this...

Damnnnn.. Didn't know Brampton was there own entity! Well, we probably won't see Andy finish off the year. (which will slot everyone up one spot hopefully)

Anyway,

SO FIRED, about the home opener. Lets goooooo
Oct 2 at 2:53
... We're a "Team"..
S**t! Just saw this...

Damnnnn.. Didn't know Brampton was there own entity! Well, we probably won't see Andy finish off the year. (which will slot everyone up one spot hopefully)

Anyway,

SO FIRED, about the home opener. Lets goooooo

Actually, I was talking about this on a reddit thread, and both @Claesson4Norris and I are wrong. Brampton is its own entity/organization but now works directly with both Belleville and Ottawa as a whole and are no longer affiliated with Montreal. So, I do believe that Daccord will get most of the starts in Brampton.
ThatGuy liked this.
Oct 2 at 3:01
Sports and Tacos
Actually, I was talking about this on a reddit thread, and both @Claesson4Norris and I are wrong. Brampton is its own entity/organization but now works directly with both Belleville and Ottawa as a whole and are no longer affiliated with Montreal. So, I do believe that Daccord will get most of the starts in Brampton.

Oh okokok! Good to know - And even better for Daccord.
Oct 2 at 8:10

I didn't realize they had ended their affiliation with Montreal. Definitely way better in that case.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll