Forums/Armchair-GM

Cuts coming tomorrow

Created by: Claesson4Norris
Initial Creation Date: Sep 21, 2019
Published: Sep 21 at 10:36 pm
Team: 2019-20 Ottawa Senators
Team Explanation
Sens will likely announce a few more cuts tomorrow. Here are a few thoughts on who should and shouldn't get a longer look.

Andreas Englund: holy hell this guy is so terrible. He's Harpur without the size. He and Goloubef will be heading to Belleville, and I'd be shocked to see either player get so much as an injury call up. I'd probably just Jordan Murray to an NHL deal if if was that desperate.

Formenton, Norris, Chlapik, Davidsson: I've liked all three of these guys, but in my opinion, none of them have shown enough to warrant a longer look. They'll be top of the list for call ups, but I can't see any of them breaking camp with Ottawa.

Veronneau: I've been pretty low on my expectations for Veroneau, because I don't put a ton of stock in college FAs because they so rarely pan out. That said, I thought he was great tonight, and of all the players fighting for a spot, he was the definitely the one who left his stamp on the game. He was one of the only guys who consistently looked like a threat. He should definitely stick around fro at least a little while.

Lajoie: another player I'm pretty down on, mostly due to him being so far out of his depth in the NHL last season. That said, I've really liked his game so far. He's pushed the pace of play really well, played a strong defensive game and he's played with more physicality than I've ever seen from him. He's definitely deserving of an extended look.

Brown and Batherson: lumping them together because they're pretty well locks to make it past this round of cuts. I've been really disappointed by both so far, Batherson especially. Neither one has stepped up like I thought they would. Brown has only played one game, and he looked good with the puck, but nothing was able to develop from it. Batherson on the other hand has looked like he's been mostly a bystander to the Anthony Duclair Show. With how good Duke has been, it's really disappointing that Bath hasn't been keeping pace. They could do damage if they get on the same page.
Buyouts
  • Dion Phaneuf: $729,167
  • Alexandre Burrows: $0
DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
OTT
SJS
OTT
CBJ
DAL
OTT
OTT
TBL
SJS
STL
OTT
OTT
OTT
CBJ
SJS
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES BONUSESCAP SPACE
25$81,500,000$70,609,999$0$4,440,000$10,890,001
Left WingCenterRight Wing
OTT
MacArthur, Clarke
$4,650,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 1
OTT
Anisimov, Artem
$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
OTT
Ryan, Bobby
$7,250,000
RW, LW
NMC NTC
UFA - 3
OTT
Boedker, Mikkel
$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
OTT
Pageau, Jean-Gabriel
$3,100,000
C
UFA - 1
OTT
Callahan, Ryan
$5,800,000
RW
NMC NTC
UFA - 1
OTT
Brown, Connor
$2,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
OTT
Tierney, Chris
$2,937,500
C
RFA - 1
OTT
Gáborík, Marián
$4,875,000
RW
UFA - 2
OTT
Duclair, Anthony
$1,650,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
OTT
Brown, Logan
$863,333
C
RFA - 2
OTT
White, Colin
$4,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 6
OTT
Tkachuk, Brady
$925,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
OTT
Ennis, Tyler
$800,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
OTT
Veronneau, Max
$925,000
RW
RFA - 1
OTT
Batherson, Drake
$736,666
C, RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
OTT
Borowiecki, Mark
$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
OTT
Zaitsev, Nikita
$4,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 5
OTT
Anderson, Craig
$4,750,000
G
NTC
UFA - 1
OTT
Wolanin, Christian
$900,000
LD
RFA - 2
OTT
Hainsey, Ron
$3,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
OTT
Nilsson, Anders
$2,600,000
G
UFA - 2
OTT
Chabot, Thomas
$863,333
LD
UFA - 1
OTT
DeMelo, Dylan
$900,000
RD
UFA - 1
OTT
Jaros, Christian
$755,000
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep 21 at 10:49
Team caaaannnaaada
Tonight game was bad for all senators player except chabot. Montreal speed completely neutralize the senators transition. They barely touch the puck in the first and the second period. It’s hard for a coach to finds positive in a game like that because senators where completely outplayed! Except for the line of pageau tonight, the only other player that add some moment was veronneau who skate well
Enough to play in nhl. For the rest norris, brown, chlapik davidson even tkachuk add all terrible game.
Dj smith was not happy on the bench, kids need too learn, ottawa is a young team.
Sep 21 at 11:08
Quoting: Sebybbq
Tonight game was bad for all senators player except chabot. Montreal speed completely neutralize the senators transition. They barely touch the puck in the first and the second period. It’s hard for a coach to finds positive in a game like that because senators where completely outplayed! Except for the line of pageau tonight, the only other player that add some moment was veronneau who skate well
Enough to play in nhl. For the rest norris, brown, chlapik davidson even tkachuk add all terrible game.
Dj smith was not happy on the bench, kids need too learn, ottawa is a young team.

I liked Zaitsev's game all things considered. Before everything went to hell, he was skating and moving the puck well and was bringing some physicality. He was out for a couple goals against, but none of them were really his fault imo. He wasn't egregious defensively.

Veronneau, Pageau, White, Brown, Duclair were the only guys who looked engaged every shift. Brown in particular stood out to me. He never quit on a play, and made things happen.

Brady was still an asshole, he just didn't accomplish much beyond that tonight.
Sep 21 at 11:20
Team caaaannnaaada
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
I liked Zaitsev's game all things considered. Before everything went to hell, he was skating and moving the puck well and was bringing some physicality. He was out for a couple goals against, but none of them were really his fault imo. He wasn't egregious defensively.

Veronneau, Pageau, White, Brown, Duclair were the only guys who looked engaged every shift. Brown in particular stood out to me. He never quit on a play, and made things happen.

Brady was still an asshole, he just didn't accomplish much beyond that tonight.

Yeah zaitsev was alright i mean he is a regular for sure this year and a upgrade on ceci. For
Duclair, brown, white they didn’t seem out of play but just didn’t play a great game. But the main reason they look all bad is the speed of Montreal. Ottawa was always chasing the puck, Montreal didn’t spend much time in their own end and when they did ottawa add some good chance.
Tkachuk play a awful game stupid penalty, wasn’t engaged until the last 10 minutes of that game he is not a guys who shine in preseason game just because there no passion in those game. He started to play when thing got chippy between bench

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll